September 4, 2016
Worship Summary 9-4-16
Soli Deo GratiaPray heartily, do what you can, and leave the rest to God.
Our 11 AM traditional worship was led by Dr. Dawson Harmon and liturgist Carl Martin. Dr. Harmon's sermon topic was "Soli Deo Gratia" based on James 1:22, James 2:14–17, and Colossians 3:17 (click or tap). Dr. Harmon's sermon emphasized the following points:
- We feel best when we do something for someone else.
- Our acts of kindness and generosity are special because they praise God.
- Faith becomes authentic when it affects our behavior.
- We practice God's word when we care for our children, our parents, and our friends.
- God multiplies our small efforts.
- We experience no success when we put ourselves first.
- We are part of something larger than ourselves.
- Pray heartily, do what you can, and leave the rest to God.