August 25, 2018
Cahaba Springs Announcements 8-26-18
Cahaba Springs members and friends:
You are invited to join us on Sunday, August 26 as we gather to study the Word and worship God. Sunday School begins at 9:30, and worship is at 11:00. This week's service will be led by liturgist Carl Martin and our Pastor, The Rev. Dr. James D. McLeod, Jr. Dr. McLeod's sermon title is Believing in the Thoroughly Unbelievable, based on Jonah 2:1-3:1 and Galatians 5:13-24. Our chancel choir will present the anthem, We Rest On Thee.
Please make note of these additional announcements:
- This Sunday is our monthly collection for TEAM. Please bring your non-perishable food donations for those who are in need.
- The CSPC Book Club meets on Wednesday, August 29 at 4:00 pm. This month's selection is The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand, and the discussion will be led by Leigh Stovall.
- The Knit Wits will meet at Laura Reichert's house on Saturday September 1 and 8 at 10:00 am.
- CSPC member George Fristma shared a wonderful piece from the Selma Sun about Presbyterian Home for Children Board member, Christie Cummings. We think you will find in both interesting and inspirational. The link is here: Cummings.jpg
- Finally, don't forget there are many ways that you can help share information about the activities and the mission of our church. "Like" and "follow" us on Facebook, and then "share" our posts throughout the week. Forward this email to friends or family, and invite them to join in one of our study groups. Call up an old friend, and invite them to worship with you.
As always, you can find more information about Cahaba Springs by visiting our website, CSPChurch.org.
The peace of Christ be with you!