March 28, 2018
Cahaba Springs Maundy Thursday & Easter
On Thursday, March 29 at 6:00 pm we will observe Maundy Thursday and Good Friday in a time of worship, reflection and Holy Communion. This week's choir rehearsal will follow Thursday's service.
On Sunday, April 1 we gather to celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Sunday School begins at 9:30, and Easter worship is at 11. This week's worship is led by liturgist George Fritsma and Pastor Dawson Harmon. Pastor Harmon's sermon title is "So, What Does It All Mean?" based on I Corinthians 15:1-11 and Mark 16:1-8. Our choir will begin Sunday's worship with the introit, "He Is Risen!" written by Joe Carter, Jr.; Sunday's choral anthem is, "The Day of Resurrection!"
Please note the following special announcements:
- The following have been cancelled in observance of Holy Week: all Wednesday activities, Thursdays Together Bible study, and Chordmakers.
- The church office will be closed on Monday, April 2 in observance of Easter Monday.
- First Tuesday Supper Club will meet on April 3 at 6 pm at Frontera Grill in Trussville. Join David Perry and Chip Prevatt for an evening of fun and fellowship.
- Friday, April 6 is our monthly work day at the Presbyterian Home for Children. The group will meet in the parking lot behind Jim 'n Nicks at 7 am. Please contact George Fritsma if you can volunteer.
- Friday and Saturday, April 6 & 7 is the Alabama Symphony Orchestra and Chorus' presentation of Gabriel Faure's Requiem. Our own George Fritsma and Carl Martin are members of the Chorus. Tickets are available at alabamasyphony.org. (Use code "Requiem20" for a 20% discount.)
It's an exciting time to be a member of Cahaba Springs, and it is certainly a special time to be a Christian. In all our busyness may we never forget the love God has shown through the sacrifice of His only Son, Jesus and the triumph that is the resurrection. Come and join with our family of faith as we remember His love and celebrate His power!